Recently I had a user ask me:
“Can I have all external calls go to voicemail, but all internal calls still ring my desk phone?”
Well, if you have the professional license for the Shoretel Communcator, then you have access to a very powerful set of tools called “Personalized Call Handling”. These rules can be created from the user’s Communicator software (you can’t create rules in Director 12.1, only disable/enable/delete them). To access the rules:
1. Open the user’s Communicator software, click “Tools” and then “Options” (Ctrl + O)
2. On the left-hand side, click “Personalized Call Handling”
3. Click “New Rule”
4. Under “Choose Condition to handle inbound calls”, I selected “Phone Number Match” and then clicked “Phone Number Match” in the box below
5. Under “Match Type”, I select “Every External Number” and hit “Ok”
6. Click “Next”, and select “Forward call to voice mail” and click Next.
7. Finally, name your rule and click “Finish”.
**Remember, the rule will not be in affect until you click “Apply”!
It takes the user 3 clicks to enable/disable the rule, and unfortunately I don’t see a way to link Personalized Call Handling rules to the different Call Handling Modes…maybe in the future?